Back in December 2011 I had put together a blog post for Anna Aspnes . . . ArtsyTraditional | Layout Deconstructed . . . showing, step by step, how a scrapbooker with traditional roots spins on her ArtPlay Palettes. If you'd like, you can view the original post on her blog here (wording is just a little bit different) . . . ArtsyTraditional | Layout Deconstructed.
I typically work all my digital layouts in a 12 x 12 format with a white canvas (or background) and after I had selected the base (digital paper) for this particular layout, pulled it in onto my canvas . . .
And though I would typically pull my photo(s) onto my base now and work/embellish around it/them, for the sake of detail, will go layer by layer from the bottom of my layout up so that you can actually see how each layer looks, one on top of the other.
Once I had brought my base in, I added one of the transfers in the ArtPlay Palette just to make the fleur de lis a little more prominent (just because it's so darn GORGEOUS!) . . .
If you'll notice, I lined the transfer up with the digital paper exactly so that they blended seamlessly together.
Next, I added a Love WordTransfer (I so LOVE the look of text as an embellishment!) . . .
I reduced the opacity of the WordTransfer to 42% and then added some dot splatter . . .
. . . and a couple of Anna's LoopDaLoops . . .
And truly, I've come to the conclusion that I am in serious need of a Twelve Step Program for Anna's LoopDaLoops! SooOOoo stinking addicted to those!
Next, I added a GoldPaint overlay . . .
The opacity of the GoldPaint overlay was reduced to 26% to give it a more subtle look.
Now comes my photo mask which I re-colored using the paint bucket tool (the masks typically come in black so I changed the color so that it would blend with the color and tone of my layout better . . . the color of the mask was sampled from the digital paper) . . .
I duplicated the mask so that it became a little more prominent . . .
Again, the mask was re-colored using the paint bucket tool so that it would blend better with the color and tone of my layout.
Then I brought my photo in . . .
It's important to note that after I had converted my photo to black and white (this is my grandson by the way . . . he is such a cutie! if I can say so myself!) I added a filter that was made by sampling the digital paper and then blending it into my photo.
Next, a frame was added . . .
The frame was altered by clipping a Solids Paperie to it.
And finally, my title . . .
Aannnndd, to complete the layout . . . I added a few coordinating embellishments . . .
And that's it. Layout complete.
You can view a detailed list of the supplies used with links to the products in Anna's ArtStore at OScraps . . . HERE!
Blessings and hugs!